Monday, October 17, 2016

Astorianos to Puebla de Sanabria

Distance 9 miles, 14 km

So this is it.  The end of Camino 2016. I don't even know the numbers any more.  I think it is in the range of 250 miles hiked over 21 days. I met more camigos than I can count,  sometimes I  can't even remember them all without looking at the pictures.  I'll figure it out eventually.

What I do know at this point is that I had a great time.  I completed the Via de La Plata. I started the Camino Sanabres.
Next year the Camino Frances is on the timeline with Linda. The camino is a powerful drug.


It was a constant race against the rain today. Throughout the day it was sprinkling and then not, over and over. By the time I made it to Sanabria, it was starting to rain pretty good, so I was glad that I picked up the pace to beat the rain to the albergue.




This town was apparently the site of a very important meeting in the 16th century as regards the formation of modern Spain. I need to translate the sign. It says something about two kings coming together for peace, etc.

Getting close to the end. Just three towns and 4 miles to go for the end of Camino 2016.

The castle in Puebla de Sanabria, with the rain falling.

Rio Tera. I've been following it for days. 

Pictures of the 15th century castle 





Views from the castle walls of Puebla de Sanabris




Main street

Castle,  iglesia and ermita




No comments:

Post a Comment