Saturday, October 15, 2016

Rionegro del Puente to Astorianos

Distance 16 miles / 27 km

I was all alone today.  Literally not one other pilgrim, not even bicyclists today. I also expect at this point to be the only one in the albergue tonight.

I don't feel the same this time, that is because the power of the Camino seemed more subdued, łess overwhelming.  Maybe I'm more at peace.  Maybe Linda has altered my needs or satisfied some of them.  In all my wanderings this time,  I did not come across a universal truth ... just lots of little truths.  Maybe I've changed in response to the Camino de Santiago.  Or perhaps,  as we on the Way of St James say, the Camino provides what we need,  not what we want ... living out of the backpack, stripped to the essentials allowed me to focus on love.


Pictures on the way to Astorianos. You can see the mountains in the background. I did not expect to see the mountains of northern Spain on this trip. I went farther than I thought that I would on this camino.






A pilgrim fountain in the town of Entrepeñas. Pilgrims are welcome to take a drink of water. 

Each of the small towns has a greeting at the point where the Camino enters the town. 

This little guy was in a field outside the albergue.




No comments:

Post a Comment