Thursday, October 13, 2016

Santa Marta de Tera to Calzadilla de Tera

Distance 7 mi / 11 km

Deep inside the search for our spirituality, it is less about discovering the meaning of life, and more about the experience of living our life.

Once again,  and why am I still surprised,  I had a set of amazing experiences of camaraderie.

On the way out of town,  I hiked with Bienve and his wife Maria Angeles. As we walked along the Rio Tera for 7 miles,  we shared stories of our perspectives on life,  the differences in our lives and the similarities,  along with a lot of humor. When the time came for us to follow our own "way", I had that recognizable feeling of gain and loss. That is the way of the Camino, enjoy what you have.

The weather changed everyone's plans.  I stopped short in Calzadilla due to the rain while others carrried on.  In a small town where I chose to spend the night,  I ran into the Germans,  Uli and Martin, at the bar/restaurant. They were still going on to Rionegro,  but we talked and laughed ( I

learned that they sing a capella) and when their taxi arrived,  these two stoic guys gave me a big bear hug.  That meant a lot to me, to feel the embrace of the pilgrim experience ... again and again from unexpected quarters.



Bienve and Marie Angeles


The Camino Sanabres coming out of Santa Marta


Rain date

Following the Rio Tera


Autumn in the province of Zamorra


The albergue in Calzadila de La Tera. 6 beds and 2 bathrooms.



Sitting in the bar with a cafe con leche


A modern church

Stained glass windows in the church





No comments:

Post a Comment